Black Flamingos to Release Debut Record, ‘Neon Boneyard,’ in May
Black Flamingos, the awesome instrumental surf rock band out of Asbury Park, have set a release date for their debut record.
Neon Boneyard, which will be released digitally, on CD, and on vinyl, will be dropped on Friday May 19. The release is a joint venture between Hi-Tide Recordings, and Little Dickman Records.
The first single off the album, “The Gurch,” was released today.
Listen to “The Gurch” now on:
You can pre-order Neon Boneyard, here.
“Since forming in 2014, Black Flamingos has headlined the Asbury Park Surf Music Festival and The Race of Gentlemen, has supported Dick Dale, Agent Orange, Messer Chups & Daikaiju, and was voted ‘Top Surf/Garage Band’ by the Asbury Music Awards. The band has received airplay on North Sea Surf Radio, LuxuriaMusic, Surfabilly Freakout, Storm Surge of Reverb & Catching a Wave radio shows.
Black Flamingos has an exciting schedule lined up for 2017 in support of Neon Boneyard, including:
- May 2-14 – Northeast US dates with Surfer Joe Lorenzo Valdambrini & Band (May)
- June 19-27 – Italy dates, including a headlining performance at the Surfer Joe Summer Festival in Livorno – the World’s #1 Surf Music Event
- July 14-16 – Viva East Rockabilly Weekender
- August 26 – Asbury Park Surf Music Festival supporting Los Straitjackets, The Fathoms & Aqualads
- October 13-22 – West Coast US dates
Black Flamingos discography:
Black Flamingos – EP (Little Dickman Records, CD & Digital) (2015)
“Haunted Hall” – Single (Hi-Tide Recordings, Digital) (2016)
“How The Gurch Stole Christmas” – Single (Hi-Tide Recordings, Digital) (2016)
“Flamingo Twist” – Single (Hi-Tide Recordings, 7″ Vinyl)
(appears on) Seasonal Favorites: Volume 4 (Double Crown Records, CD)