The New Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Is About What You’d Expect
I’m not going to pretend that I’m better than the Transformers movies. I’ve seen every one. I think the first one is pretty good. That being said, I am having the hardest time figuring out what Transformers: The Last Knight is about. The trailer is full of multiple, seeming unrelated, plots. If you told me that this was actually a MCUesque trailer for the next five movies, I would be quite relieved. Alas, it is not.
Before you watch the trailer, keep an eye out for the aspect ratio (the size of the black bars over and under the trailer). Aspect ratios are traditionally constant in trailers but not this time. They dance between at least five different sizes. It’s unreal. Enjoy.
A couple observations
- The Transformers were Knights of the Round Table?
- Other humanoid robots exist besides that college girl from Revenge of the Fallen
- The Quintessons are hot lady robots (thanks Michael Bay /s) and have turned Optimus evil
- Optimus has Thor: Ragnarok style red face/shield paint
- Mark Wahlberg’s daughter is dead?
- The moon is toast
- Marky Mark is doing Uncharted whether we like it or not
- There is a new love interest for Cade Yeager who is very smart because of her English accent and glasses
- CAPTAIN LENNOX IS BACK!
- Cade gets a sword
- That little girl is barely in the movie
- Unicron is more or less Confirmed