Welcome to the latest episode of the official podcast of The Pop Break, The BreakCast!
This episode features the site’s editor-in-chief Bill Bodkin talking with film editor Dan Cohen about Denis Villenueve’s Blade Runner 2049. The long-awaited sequel to Ridley Scott’s Blade Runner, was released in 3,000+ theaters this weekend, and scored the #1 spot at the box office, along with rave reviews from critics and audiences alike.
In this podcast Bill and Dan discuss the following:
- Their thoughts on the original Blade Runner.
- How the sequel compared to the original.
- The film’s script.
- Ryan Gosling’s performance as Officer K – was Gosling the only person suited for this role?
- Harrison Ford’s performance as Rick Deckard – was this his best performance of the last 20 years?
- Supporting performances from Jared Leto, Sylvia Hoecks, Ana de Armas, Dave Bautista, and Robin Wright.
- The cinematography of Roger Deakins.
- Why Dennis Villenueve’s direction has an air effortlessness to it.
- The film’s disappointing box office, and the reasons for it.
- Blade Runner 2049’s Oscar potential, and how bad box office might impact it.
- Why they recommend people spread the word about this film.